On Sun, 22 Oct 2017, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> I pledge to deputize for the rulekeepor on October 19, 2017, if it is
> still possible.

I AP-CFJ on the following:  It is currently POSSIBLE for Publius to break the
terms of the pledge quoted in evidence.

Arguments:

E published a pledge to do something on a date that has passed.  However,
the "if it is still possible" is confusing under the circumstances.  It
was *not* possible to deputize for the rulekeepor on October 19th when
the pledge was made on Oct 22.  But the "if it is still possible" could
also apply to making the pledge.  "If it is still possible to pledge
to deputize on Oct 19, I do so".  But again, is it possible to pledge to
do something in the past?  (probably...)

The "currently possible" asks whether the pledge was:
  - Never made,
  - Made and broken the moment it was made,
  - Made and can be broken in the future somehow.

(note "terms" of the pledge refers to the new pledge rules instituted
under Proposal 7901).