Adoption index: 2.0
Author: Aris
Co-authors:

[Change the office rule so that a player can be confirmed as the non-interim
holder of an office by apathy. If e wants it, and no one else cares enough
to run an election, the electoral process would probably be a waste of time
anyway.]

Amend Rule 1006, "Offices", by changing the text

  A holder of an elected office who did not become its holder by
  winning an election, and has not won an election for that office
  since, is an interim holder. An elected office that is either
  vacant or has an interim holder is an interim office.

to read

  A holder of an elected office is interim if and only if

  a. e did not become its holder by winning an election;
  b. e has not since won an election for that office; and
  c. e has not held the office continuously for 30 days
     without an election for the office being initiated.

     An elected office that is either vacant or has an interim holder
     is an interim office.

[Make it slightly easier to remove bad officeholders. I thought of adding a
temporary suspension procedure, but I can't think of a situation where it would
be needed and we couldn't just Black Card the player. Can always be added in
later though. This is intended for abuses that don't necessarily involve
a breach of the rules, but where we still don't want the person in the office.]

Enact a new power 2.0 rule, entitled "Impeachment", with the following text:

  A player CAN be expelled (impeached) from a specified elected office which
  e holds with 2 Agoran Consent. When a person is impeached from an office,
  an election is immediately opened for that office. Players SHOULD NOT use
  this method of removal unless the officer has abused the powers of eir
  office or otherwise shown emself unworthy the trust of Agora.