On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 9:44 AM Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-discussion
<agora-discuss...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> G. wrote:
> > No deputisation needed if there's only 1 candidate, R2154:
> >
> > >      If at any point an uncontested election has a single candidate,
> > >      then any player CAN by announcement declare em the winner of the
> > >      election, thereby causing em to win the election.
>
> You're correct, but doing it that way wouldn't discharge Murphy's
> obligation to resolve it (leaving em REQUIRED to do something that's no
> longer POSSIBLE), which seems a little unfair. Also, more to the point,
> it wouldn't get me any cyan glitter. :P

Which REQUIREMENT are you talking about?  It's pretty clear to me that
the clauses (1) and (2) in R2154 are written to absolve the ADoP from
the duty if it's no longer POSSIBLE (but if my reading is wrong and
it's broken, pls. explain as it should be fixed).

-G.