On 6/21/20 1:12 PM, Jason Cobb wrote:
> On 6/16/20 5:48 PM, Jason Cobb wrote:
>> On 6/16/20 5:43 PM, Jason Cobb via agora-business wrote:
>>> I submit the following Amendment Proposal to AAA:
>>>
>>> {
>>>
>>> Replace the last paragraph of SECTION 2 (OPT-IN) with the following:
>>> "Any player CAN become party to this contract by announcement. Any party
>>> to this contract CAN cease being party to this contract if: (1) e is not
>>> party to an opted-in contract and (2) e has not ceased being party to
>>> any other contract within the past 14 days."
>>>
>>> In SECTION 6 (CASE RESOLUTION), replace the text "the alleged
>>> perpetrator (who is a party to that contract)" with the text "the
>>> alleged perpetrator (who is a party to that contract or was within the
>>> past 14 days)".
>>>
>>> }
>>>

>>> The purpose of this amendment is to allow punishment for persons who
>>> have ceased being party to an opted-in contract within the last 14 days.
>>> This is accomplished by preventing them from leaving AAA for 14 days and
>>> by expanding the set of possible violators of a contract to include
>>> those leaving up to 14 days previously.
>>>
>>> I intended, without objection from the parties of AAA, to apply the
>>> changes in the above Amendment Proposal to AAA.
>>>
>> Gah, typing is hard - "intended" should be "intend".
>>
>> I intend, without objection from the parties of AAA, to apply the
>> changes in the above Amendment Proposal to AAA.
>>
> Four days having elapsed, and seeing no objection, I do so (apply the
> changes in the above Amendment Proposal to AAA). And, of course, because
> I'm an idiot, I just realized I attempted to amend the wrong section.
>
> I submit the following Amendment Proposal to AAA:
>
> {
>
> In SECTION 5 (CASE INITIATION), replace the text "the alleged
> perpetrator (who is a party to that contract)" with the text "the
> alleged perpetrator (who is a party to that contract or was within the
> past 14 days)".
>
> }
>
> I intend, without objection from the parties of AAA, to apply the
> changes in the above Amendment Proposal to AAA.

Having seen no objections, I do so (amend the text of the AAA contract
as stated above).

I intend, without objection, to ratify the following document:

{

At 2:17 AM on June 27, 2020 (UTC), the contract known as the Agoran
Arbitration Association had the following text:

{

# SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION

This contract is known as the Agoran Arbitration Association, or as AAA.
The purpose of this contract is to provide independent dispute
resolution services for other contracts.

# SECTION 2: OPT-IN

A contract is opted-in to AAA if:
- all of its members are party to this contract;
- it specifies that all of its members consent to being party to this
contract; and,
- it contains phrasing that requires all of its members to be parties to
this contract.

Each party to this contract consents to each other party acting on eir
behalf to create blots when explicitly and unambiguously authorized by
this contract.

Any player CAN become party to this contract by announcement. Any party
to this contract CAN cease being party to this contract if: (1) e is not
party to an opted-in contract and (2) e has not ceased being party to
any contract within the past 14 days.

# SECTION 3: MANAGEMENT

The Head Arbitrator is the person who is party to this contract who has
been party to this contract for the longest continuous time. The Purse
is a natural switch tracked by the Head Arbitrator.

At least once per week, the Head Arbitrator SHALL publish a list of
recently updated Arbitration Cases. In the same message, e CAN, by
announcement, transfer up to N coins from this contract to emself, where
N is the value of the Purse. When doing so, the Purse is decreased by
the number of coins transferred.

# SECTION 4: ARBITRATION CASES

An Arbitration Case is a matter arising from an alleged violation of a
contract. Arbitrator is an untracked switch possessed by Arbitration
Cases with possible values of any party to this contract and
"unassigned" (default). To assign an Arbitration Case to a person is to
flip its Arbitrator to that person. State is an untracked switch
possessed by Arbitration Cases with possible values "open" (default) and
"closed".

The following must be specified when creating an Arbitration Case: the
relevant action, the relevant contract, and the alleged perpetrator.

When an open Arbitration Case is unassigned, the Head Arbitrator CAN by
announcement, and SHALL in a timely fashion, flip its Arbitrator to any
other value. The Arbitrator SHOULD NOT assign an Arbitration Case to a
person who has a manifest interest in the case, whether monetary or
otherwise.

# SECTION 5: CASE INITIATION

A party to this contract CAN, by paying a fee of 5 coins to this
contract, invoke arbitration, specifying:
- an opted-in contract;
- an alleged violation of that contract; and
- the alleged perpetrator (who is a party to that contract or was within
the past 14 days).

When arbitration is invoked, a new open Arbitration Case is created with
the specified action, contract, and perpretrator, and the Purse is
increased by 1.

# SECTION 6: CASE RESOLUTION

This section authorizes parties to act on behalf of other parties to
create blots, and is the only section that does so.

The Punishment Limit of an Arbitration Case is a number of blots
specified by the alleged contract for the relevant violation, or 4
otherwise.

The Arbitrator of an open Arbitration Case CAN, and SHALL in a timely
fashion after being assigned, resolve that Arbitration Case by publicly
doing the following:
- determining whether the action alleged to be a violation occurred; and,
- if the action is determined to have occurred, determining whether it
violated the contract specified at initiation.

In the same message as e closes an Arbitration Case, and if e determined
that the relevant action occurred and was a violation, the Arbitrator
CAN cause the perpetrator to grant emself a specified number of blots
that is between 0 and the Punishment Limit for that case.

In a timely fashion after resolving an Arbitration Case, the Arbitrator
for that case CAN once, by announcement, transfer 4 coins from this
contract to emself.

When an Arbitration Case is resolved, it becomes closed.

# SECTION 7: AMENDMENT

Any party to this contract CAN, by announcement, submit an Amendment
Proposal, specifying certain changes to this contract. Within two weeks
of the creation of an Amendment Proposal, any party can, without
objection from the parties, apply the changes specified by the Amendment
Proposal. When this occurs, the Amendment Proposal ceases to be an
Amendment Proposal and is destroyed.

}

}

--