> I deputize for Referee and impose the cold hand of justice on the perp
> by levying a fine of 3 blots on Gaelan Steele, for a violation of rule 1742.
>
> The reason for increasing the fine is because the perp attempted to use
> the violation as part of a profitable plan (willfully) to install
> himself into the office of Referee. Fortunately, this dastardly plan was

Let's keep it Spivak with "emself" or at least gender-neutral with
"themself" or similar.

> unsuccessful as the perp neglected that an important provision of rule
> 2478: "the investigator CANNOT resolve a Finger Pointing for which e is
> the perp."
>
> This violation is forgivable. If the perp chooses to publish an apology,
> e must include the words "I must read the rules thoroughly when
> attempting scams"

In case you don't know it's usually done more like the following. (Also
a good excuse to re-post a fun example.)

Breaking from tradition is fine but I don't know whether your
interpretation is consistent with the rule.

https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-business/2019-October/041569.html

twg:

> Therefore I impose the Cold Hand of Justice by levying a fine of 2
> blots on Aris for failing to distribute the proposal "Clarify Salary"
> during the first full Agoran week following its submission. This fine
> is forgivable: Aris CAN, in a timely fashion, expunge 2 blots from
> emself by publishing a formal apology of at least 200 words and
> including the words "overextension", "discharging", "prostration",
> "recompense" and "Philadelphia", explaining eir error, shame, remorse
> and ardent desire for self-improvement.

https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-business/2019-October/041581.html

Aris:

--