On 5/12/21 6:50 AM, ais523 via agora-discussion wrote:
On Tue, 2021-05-11 at 23:40 -0700, Kerim Aydin via agora-business
wrote:
I bid 85 coins on each lot.
I bid 127 coins on each lot.  -G.
I bid 130 coins on each.
I bid 131 coins on each.
I bid 135 coins on each.
I bid 227 coins on each.  -G.
I bid 230 coins on each.
I bid 331 coins on each.  -G.

I'm amazed that people somehow seem to consider all these Stones to
have exactly equal value to each other. You'd expect that, by now,
people would be bidding more on some Stones than on others.

It's relevant to note that quantity of stones possessed is a factor just as quality is. Clearly owning the stones is a goal because of the powers the stones grant. However, owning five stones is a win by Rule 2644/0. Jason and Gaelan are the only two stone owners; if either of them won all four that are up for auction, e would win the game right then and there. If someone else won all four then e would just have to make one trade and e would win. In all cases, a four-stone auction is a massive power grab in both regards.

This win would come at a cost of just under 1200 coins at the current value of the highest bid, maybe a couple hundred more by the end. Running some quick numbers, 1200 coins is about 100 boatloads of coins at current value (1 boatload = 12 assets). Having an office allows a player to make from 5 to 15 boatloads of coins each week. In the former case, this equates to about 20 weeks of work; in the latter case about seven.

More variables come into play, including monthly reports which my model does not account for, the other methods of obtaining coins (of which there are a decent amount), and inflation which is updated every month. The point is that, especially considering the inflation, even a couple thousand coins wouldn't take *that* much time to create.

The quantity of stones for auction here makes it a concern for smaller parties who don't really care that much about the stones subgame anyway, and so I discreetly bid three hundred fifty coins on the concentration stone. Hopefully my text above has been dry enough to dissuade the top bidders from caring too much about this message or noticing that it has been sent to the public forum.

--
Trigon

 ¸¸.•*¨*• Play AGORA QUEST

I’m always happy to become a party to contracts.
I LOVE SPAGHETTI
transfer Jason one coin
nch was here
I hereby
don't... trust... the dragon...
don't... trust... the dragon...
Do not Construe Jason's message with subject TRIGON as extending this