I grant to myself the following promise:

{
  Conditions for Cashing:
  - The sequence of actions described by this promise ("the task") is POSSIBLE and LEGAL for me to perform.   - After performing the task, I would possess at least one (1) stamp of type Murphy.

  Conditions for Expiration:
  - The bearer has previously attempted to cash this promise.

  I take from the Library the promise "Renewable Stamps for Stamps" created by Murphy.
  I transfer one (1) R. Lee stamp to Murphy.
  I cash the above promise that I now bear. (It was created prior to this promise's execution, so this is not recursion.)
  (I should now own an additional stamp of type Murphy.)
}

I cash the above promise.

(It has been brought to my attention that the above may have failed due to the "LEGAL" condition. This reply serves to simplify the problem.)

---

I grant to myself the following promise:

{
  Conditions for Cashing:
  - I do not possess any stamps of type Murphy, and I possess at least two stamps of type R. Lee.   - The sequence of actions described by this promise ("the task") is POSSIBLE for me to perform.   - After performing the task, I would possess at least one (1) stamp of type Murphy.

  Conditions for Expiration:
  - The bearer has previously attempted to cash this promise.

  I take from the Library the promise "Renewable Stamps for Stamps" created by Murphy.
  I transfer one (1) R. Lee stamp to Murphy.
  I cash the above promise that I now bear. (It was created prior to this promise's execution, so this is not recursion.)
  (I should now own an additional stamp of type Murphy.)
}

I cash the above promise. (I now believe that this should succeed, unless there is a bug in Murphy's promise.)

If the above promise still exists, then it meets its conditions for expiration, and so I destroy the above promise.

--
kiako