Kerim Aydin wrote:

> Sherlock wrote:
>> Goethe, can you explain precisely why you believe the Speaker is not an =
>> office, other than game custom?  In the absence of any hard rules
>> stating t=
>> hat distinction, I think we should stick with R1450, which suggests
>> strongl=
>> y that the Speaker is an office.

> Oh yikes, I notice from the FLR history that R1450 should have been
> changed in power from 1 to 2.  If this is correct, that changes my
> arguments, and I agree with Maud!  Michael, can you confirm that
> R1450 was in fact upmutated to power-2?  My argument was predicated
> on R1450 being the lowest power among the conflicting rules in
> question.

Yes, R1450 should be listed as having power-2 - it was up-mutated by
your proposal 4868.  Sorry for the confusion caused by my recording
error.  The proposal achieving this included the following:

Amend Rule 1450 (Judicial Separation) by renaming it 'Separation of
Powers', increasing its power to 2, and amending it to read:

       The Speaker, Clerk of the Courts, and Promotor are mutually
       exclusive offices.  A Player holding one of these offices may
       not come to simultaneously hold another of them, unless there
       are no other Players in the game eligible.  This Rule takes
       precedence over any other Rule that governs offices.

Michael.