Zefram wrote:
I appealed your judgement on the grounds that I think it's wrong.

This is the wrong reason for appealing a judgement.  If an argument
is "reasonable", but "not what you might have come to", the
appeals court (and you) should give respect to other players'
turns to judge.  Otherwise, why not just judge everything yourself?

Judgements should only be overturned if they are wholly arbitrary,
completely unreasonable, the result of obvious error, or in blatent disregard for the rules. Sherlock's judgement is/was not.

If your reason for appeal was to see if the retroactive proposal
"changed" the logic, that's another matter.  Unfortunately, neither
you nor Murphy gave arguments in your appeal.  This is bad form,
and another reason why the appeals court should sustain.

-Goethe