Michael Norrish wrote:
Kerim Aydin wrote:

 > Let's say, in this case, the decision is "OVERTURN AND REVERSE".
 > Did that "OVERTURN AND REVERSE" apply to Goethe's FALSE or
 > Sherlock's TRUE?  There's no legal distinction the appeals court can
 > make to distinguish them.

I don't imagine the Appeals Court will make that decision then.  I
suspect instead they'll suggest that the case be re-assigned.

I envisioned conditional responses like

  "I move to sustain X's judgement of CFJ 5000.
   I move to overturn and reverse Y's judgement of CFJ 5000."

but reassignment is unquestionably more elegant.

If you like, I think my argument is in the best interests of the game:
do you really want an unresolvable CFJ paralysing the system for
evermore?  (You might call the same CFJ again I suppose.)

Which, in fact, e did.