On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Ed Murphy wrote:

But the Clerk of the Courts can dismiss any excess ones, and Trial
Judges can dismiss any frivolous ones, so the worst such a non-player
could do is spam the database.  We've weathered spam before, notably
Crito's Supreme Cup Scam [1] and Steve's Spam Scam [2].  The CotC
could remove the spam from the Stare Decisis without objection (R889).

[1] A rule granted a win for getting the same FOR and AGAINST counts
    on three of your proposals in a row.  Crito submitted several
    hundred proposals with identical text; since all votes cost
    currency at the time, almost all of them received 0 and 0.

[2] A rule allowed players to cause proposals to be adopted without
objection. Then-Distributor Steve arranged for a friend to forward
    a spam message to the Public Forum, intercepted it, inserted an
    adoption-without-objection about 200 lines down, then let it go.

For some odd reason (perhaps born of playing Agora for a few years) I laughed hard at both of these scams.
-----
Benjamin Schultz KE3OM
OscarMeyr