Kerim Aydin wrote:
>I'm curious here.  A partnership could be re-written to be a nomic,

I believe clause 6 of the Pineapple-style agreement trivially qualifies
it as a nomic.  Whether it actually results in nomic-like activity is
up to the partners.

>                                                           other than
>discussion over the term "person", is there a difference between
>allowing partnerships to be legislators and allowing nomics to be
>legislators?

There is a difference, which is obliquely about personhood.  Partnerships
are recognised as such, and so qualify as people, because they are
governed by Agoran law.  An external nomic, with independent sovereignty,
is a very different matter.  Agoran law could give such entities some
status, such as legislatorhood or even legal personhood, but it could
only happen by modifying the rules to explicitly do so.  It would also
require a rule defining how an external nomic can act within Agora,
much as InterNomic had to define the Liaison system.

-zefram