Ed Murphy wrote:
>Zefram's interpretation in CFJ 1623 was that a partnership must
>assign rights and obligations to the partners.  This could be
>extended by interpreting that anyone assigned rights and obligations,
>even indirectly, is a partner.

I'd say that's the definition of a partner.  I'd prefer to see
"Registration Prohibits ..." phrased that way: all partnerships
must reveal their set of partners.  It should be revealed upon first
registration, as well as whenever there's a change (if we end up allowing
changes to not affect identity).

Unlike Goethe, I think this issue should be resolved by legislation.
But it doesn't take very much legislation.  A single paragraph such as
you have proposed is sufficient.  We don't need a new officer, and we
don't need governing agreements to be public.  (There are other reasons
to want governing agreements to be public, but nothing I find decisive.)

-zefram