Ian Kelly wrote:
>This seems to indicate that a partnership's obligations are only
>enforceable to the extent that the partnership's members desire them
>to be enforced.  Any thoughts?

Erk.  I'd say we need to fix that.  In real-world contract law there
is the concept of third-party rights in contracts: typically, one who
is not a party to a contract can sue to enforce the contract if e is
adversely affected by a breach in some way.  I don't think we need
any restriction on this, which would be difficult to codify anyway.
Let's just get rid of that sentence.

On reflection I don't think this problem affects the personhood of
partnerships.  Obligations on the partnership still become obligations on
the partners, in such a way that Agoran law recognises them as binding
obligations.  The lack of an effective enforcement mechanism doesn't
change that.

-zefram