Ian Kelly wrote:
>Thus, it is clear to me that the phrase "by announcement" must be
>interpreted according to its Rule 478 definition, regardless of any
>qualification or decoration.

I think this is in error.  Even if it is forbidden to locally redefine
"by announcement" (which I will accept is forbidden by rule 754), this
CFJ is about the phrase "by announcement to the Corporate Forum".
Applying the standard definition of "by announcement" leads to a
nonsensical interpretation, that an "announcement to the Corporate
Forum" is an oxymoron.  There is a sensical interpretation available,
that "by announcement to the Corporate Forum" is a distinct term not
bound by the standard meaning of a subsequence of its words.  The latter
interpretation is, I believe, to be preferred.

Your logic would be correct for a qualified phrase such as "by
announcement in Basque", where the qualification does not conflict with
the standard meaning of the core phrase.  One might also consider the
recent instance of "infinite number" and compare it against "positive
number".  "infinite real number" is an oxymoron, so I'd argue that
"infinite number" implicitly makes our standard definition of "number"
inapplicable.  "positive real number" is perfectly meaningful, though,
so that's clearly what "positive number" means in Agora.  Also consider:
is R1023(a) a recursive definition?

-zefram