Geoffrey Spear wrote:

Can anyone expound on why it would be necessary to have both
UNDECIDABLE and another category, whatever it ends up being called,
for when there's not enough information to determine if the question
is undecidable? If it's "not capable
of being accurately described as either false or true, at the time the
inquiry case was initiated" due to lack of information, doesn't
UNDECIDABLE pretty much cover it?

UNDECIDABLE is intended for things that are logically impossible to
assign a truth value, e.g. "This statement is false" [1].  UNKNOWN is
intended for things that have a truth value but we don't know what it
is, e.g. "the Goldbach conjecture is true".

[1] I expect that Peekee ("neither legal nor illegal") will be
    submitting a fuzzy-logic proto any day now.