comex wrote:
>Now that the courts have ruled that the sender of the message neither
>deregistered nor violated Rule 2149 (in which cases the impossibility of
>identifying the sender would protect em),

Actually it would just make things worse when we discovered after the
fact that e had been deregistered some time ago.  If the ruling had gone
that way, we could probably have traced you through the IP address in
Peekee's web server log.

>1. Rule 869 is amended to remove the sentence "E CANNOT register within
>thirty days after doing so."

Don't need to do this.  The fact that e cannot register emself says
nothing about whether e can be registered by other means.  A proposal
that says "Register Peekee." would suffice.

-zefram