Zefram wrote:

Benjamin Schultz wrote:
I'm open to suggestions on an appropriate color. Mauve is my current choice.

I suggest sticking to the primary colours, because they have well-known
letter abbreviations.  So far we're not using any of the subtractive
primaries (C, M, Y) or the endpoints of the greyscale (K, W).

Something else to do with more colours: we could add progressively
more extravagant things that can be done by spending higher numbers of
colours together.  Collect all eight colours to win the game.

ROY G BIV + Ultraviolet?

(Specific information regarding Gamma Clearance is restricted to
citizens of Gamma Clearance.)