Peekee wrote:
>Can any entity win? non-players, fish, rocks?

Interesting question, and I certainly overlooked that in the proto.
We don't currently have any formal definition of winning, not even a rule
that winning doesn't terminate Agora.  (I'd say that's game custom now,
though it was explicitly legislated for a long time.)

Currently, if a non-player wins the game, then VLOP does not get reset
and the patent title "Champion" is not awarded, so a non-player win is
pretty much a null event.  What do you think should happen?

It seems to me that player status has been gradually losing some of
its significance.  For example, non-player CFJ initiation (since CFJ
888), and recently we opened up contract law (and hence partnerships)
to non-players.  So I don't see a big problem with allowing non-players to
win, in cases where the method of winning isn't dependent on player-only
activity.  If calling for judgement can result in a win, then why not
let non-players do it?

To answer your direct question: CFJ calling is restricted to persons,
so a non-person could not win under the proto.  (Well, something that
stopped being a person after calling for judgement could still win.)
Most fish and rocks don't meet the rules' definition of personhood.
Non-player humans certainly do.

-zefram