Ed Murphy wrote:
>Amend Rule 1688 (Power) by appending this text:
>
>      A secured change CANNOT be performed except as allowed by an
>      instrument with power at least as great as that of the rule
>      defining that change as secured.

I'm dubious about doing it this way round.  You have R1688 actually
imposing the restriction on changes, triggered by lower-power rules.
I think it would be better for the specific rule to be the one actually
imposing the restriction.  The generic part should just be a definition:

      For a change to be secured means that it CANNOT be performed
      except by an instrument with power at least as great as that of
      the instrument that makes it secured.

-zefram