On Sunday 25 November 2007 20:20:24 Ed Murphy wrote:
> pikhq wrote:
>
> > Without two objections, I intend to form a contract for the purposes of a
> > contest.
>
> I object to all your intents to form a contest within the past 24
> hours.
>
> The AFO objects to all your intents to form a contest within the
> past 24 hours.

The AFO retracts those intents.

The AFO OBJECTS to those intents.
(this doesn't matter)

Finally, I OBJECT to those intents.
I do not win the game.

I submit the following proposal, named "Fair dependent contracts":
Amend Rule 1742 so that this paragraph:
       A contract CAN optionally be formed without two objections.  A
       contract formed in this way is a dependent contract.  Any
       player CAN dissolve a dependent contract without three
       objections.
reads as follows:
       A contract CAN optionally be formed without two objections.  A
       contract formed in this way is a dependent contract, unless it is a
       private contract.  Any player CAN dissolve a dependent contract without
       three objections.
[Try to prevent private contract from being formed dependently.]