On Nov 28, 2007 7:42 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 7:38 PM, Roger Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Agreed, and nkep may have meaning in the context of a private
> > contract, but my point is that it doesn't make it any less
> > nonsensical. Your narrowing in on one minor point of the much broader
> > definition of the word.
>
> Then how would you define "nonsensical" if not by the dictionary definition?
>
> -root

Here's Dictionary.com's definition:

1.      words or language having little or no sense or meaning.
2.      conduct, action, etc., that is senseless, foolish, or absurd: to
have tolerated enough nonsense.
3.      impudent, insubordinate, or otherwise objectionable behavior: He
doesn't have to take that nonsense from you.
4.      something absurd or fatuous: the utter nonsense of such a suggestion.

And the American Heritage Dictionary:

   1. Words or signs having no intelligible meaning: a message that
was nonsense until decoded.
   2. Subject matter, behavior, or language that is foolish or absurd.
   3. Extravagant foolishness or frivolity: a clown's exuberant nonsense.
   4. Matter of little or no importance or usefulness: a chatty letter
full of gossip and nonsense.
   5. Insolent talk or behavior; impudence: wouldn't take any nonsense
from the children.

I guess it all depends on how you interpret it. When I called nkep
nonsensical in my judgment, I meant it was a silly, intelligible word.
However, it is a word that could very well describe an action.

BobTHJ
5.      anything of trifling importance or of little or no use.