Hey all. As I look more and more at the currency in Agora, I notice
how screwed up it is. VCs disappear and appear, and it doesn't
demonstrate how real-world currency works. Personally, I think a
less-regulated, free-market sort of currency would be cool. For
reference, see what I've done with Agora's Child. Basically, my idea
consists of this:

1) Funds, in dolaroj (do-LAR-oy), which are held by players.
2) A Treasury, an entity whose sole purpose is to hold money.
3) A Treasuror, who decides how to spend said money, and may "print"
money if the number of dolaroj out there is less than 100*N (where N
is the number of players) up to the point where it matches 100*N. This
increases the Treasury's holdings, but keeps a limit on the number of
dolaroj out there.
4) Taxes. At the moment, I'm proposing 25% taxes. Basically, only 75%
of the money you give to someone reaches them, and the rest simply
"disappears", though not in the sense that VCs disappear, because the
Treasuror can print more, and the Treasury then gives that out.

Basically, the Treasury would pay people who hold certain offices a
certain amount for holding that office. People could exchange dolaroj
amongst themselves, and run a sort of free-market economy, but
government jobs would also be paid. Money doesn't just appear, except
when people join.

Let me know what you would all think of a similar system for Agora.

avpx