I think this problem would've been a lot easier had I not decided to
make the actual brainfuck coding easier by writing a debugger for the
Mac, which involved remembering how to code in Objective C, learning
Apple's CoreData API that I'd never used before (which was entirely
unnecessary for this task but it should make my next Mac application
easier to write), and then ended up writing the last 1/4 of my
brainfuck code on a windows machine using emacs, so my debugger did me
absolutely no good.

I scored 6945, although I'm absolutely certain that if the deadline
wasn't today I could've significantly cut that down by the simplest of
optimization.

--Wooble