Zefram wrote:

> When I was registrar, many years ago, I actually used the appropriate

Likely because it requires remembering which Received: header is the
appropriate one.

Proto-Proposal:  When Am I?
(AI = 3, please)

Create a rule titled "When Am I?" with this text:

      A public message's claim to have been published as of the
      time in its Date: header is self-ratifying, unless a challenge
      of falsified Date: header pertaining to the publisher has been
      issued within one month before its publication.

      A message's Date: header SHOULD only be challenged if it is
      sufficiently inaccurate to have non-trivial legal significance,
      and the challenger SHOULD clearly identify which date-stamp e
      believes is most accurate.