On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, comex wrote:
> {{
> 1. comex is the only party to this contract.
> }}
> it would be sufficient to identify the contract as a pledge, since no
> other type of contract besides a location allows only one party.

This is where I disagree.  R1742 allows an arbitrary type of contract to be
made with oneself, without it being a pledge.  And R2191 does not prevent it.

R1742 states that *any* binding agreement is automatically a contract.
R2191 does *not* state that any agreement/contract with one party is
automatically a pledge.

See the difference?

For example, you could make a contract that said "This contract starts with
me, but other people can join".  That would be a contract with only one
party, but it wouldn't be a "pledge until someone else joins and not a pledge
afterwards" (unless of course it specifically identified itself as such).

-Goethe