On 12/04/2008, Charles Reiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  * You probably should restrict the ownership of these currencies; at
>  least of Markers. A marker-holder cannot be obliged to redeem unless
>  the Marker-holder bound by the contract.

Indeed, you're right.

>  * Needs an exit clause;
>  {When a party to this contract holds no markers of any pitch, e may
>  leave this contract by announcement.}?

Will do.

>  * Name the recordkeepor position something amusing;

Well, it's not really a position now, is it? Should it be one?

>  ? Consider allowing acting on behalf for the purpose of fulfilling
>  marker-holder's obligations?

Good idea. Could this be automatic? It is triggered manually, after
all, and so far I seem to be getting away with it in the Bank of
Agora.

>  ? Consider allowing more complex spending requests? (E.g. redeeming
>  credits of a major chord...)

Another good idea.

>  * Someone destroying credits screws over the marker/credit balance.
>  Proto-solution: disallow credit destruction (they can be transferred
>  away nicely enough)?

Also makes sense.

New version:

{This is a public contract and a pledge by the name of "The Note Exchange".

For each pitch of Note, the corresponding Credit is a currency, and
the corresponding Marker is a fixed currency. Ivan Hope CXXVII is the
recordkeepor of Credits and Markers, and generally cannot create them
by announcement. Credits and Markers generally cannot be destroyed by
announcement, and ownership of Markers is restricted to parties to
this contract.

Any party to this contract except Ivan Hope CXXVII can leave it by
announcement if e holds no Markers.

If a person holds more Notes of a pitch than Markers of that pitch, e
can, by announcement, award eirself both a Credit and a Marker of that
pitch. A person shall not take any action that would cause em to hold
less Notes of a pitch than Markers of that pitch. [Don't you think a
sentence of FINE would be silly in this case?]

If a person holds a Credit and a Marker of the same pitch, e can by
announcement destroy both of them.

If a person holds a set of Credits, e may by announcement redeem the
Credits, specifying a person who holds a matching set of Markers, a
manner of spending Notes, and any parameters required for that manner
of spending Notes. When this is done, the following occurs, if
possible: the Credits and Markers are destroyed, and the specified
person spends the Notes in the specified manner with the specified
parameters.}

--Ivan Hope CXXVII