On Wednesday 16 April 2008 10:57:57 Kerim Aydin wrote:
> I don't think
> more complete legislation is a problem in theory, but it has a lot of ways it
> can go wrong in implementation (Nomic World had several examples which came
> down to "too much power for the Wizards").

It seems to me that this type of problem comes from having a
traditional nomic legislature trying to mandate code updates, rather
than simply making the codebase a ProgrammingNomic directly. It's as
if, instead of voting on proposals in Agora, we instead voted on
abstract issues, and required some officer to write the actual
legislation. Eg:

Agree2Support2
{{
      As soon as possible after the adoption of this proposal, the
      Rulekeepor SHALL effect a change to the ruleset requiring
      judicial panel members to publish their consent to rulings.
}}

(the Rulekeepor would already have the power to do so unilaterally.)

Clearly this would be a catastrophically bad idea. I strongly suspect
that, had the concept of codenomics existed at the time of Nomic
World, the issues you refer to would not have appeared.