root wrote:

> Since then, I note that we've added R2197, which curiously (and
> probably by accident) restricts both joining and leaving contracts to
> persons.

Actually, it's murkier than that:

  * R2197 does not directly restrict a non-person joining or leaving a
    contract; it merely fails to define them as Contract Changes
    (assuming that "A Contract Change can be any of X" is interpreted as
    a gloss for "only X are Contract Changes").

  * Thus, R2198 fails to make them possible.

  * Thus, R101 and R2125 fail to make possible (assuming that the rules
    are interpreted as regulating joining and leaving contracts in
    general, rather than only regulating persons doing so).

  * Thus, by game custom, they are impossible.