On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Nick Vanderweit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I do like the idea of a stock exchange, but it needs some work.
> Really, I prefer leaving organization to the companies themselves
> (through contracts) and then having this only manage the investment
> part.

The Bank of Agora was corporation-like. The board of directors
consisted of all Bankers, and the shares of stock were pens. People
with at least 10% of all pens, with one vote per person, was deemed a
good-enough approximation of one vote per pen, which would have
required more complexity. There isn't all that much need for a
separate stock market system; the rules can already do it all.

{The name of this contract is "The Corporation". This is a public
contract. Parties to this contract SHALL ensure it fulfills all its
obligations.

Shares of stock (shares, for short) are a currency. Ownership of
shares is restricted to players.

This contract can be amended with the majority consent of all shares,
where a share is considered to consent if its owner consents.}

--Ivan Hope CXXVII