On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Roger Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The thing particularly annoying about it to me is that you took *all*
>> the crops.  If you had just taken a few, then fine, exchange rates
>> would go up, life would go on.  But you devalued pens to absolute
>> worthlessness,

Except I didn't.  As far as I can tell, pen holdings are still in
about the same place they were before the bank run, so if I give back
most of the crops, we'd still have a working bank system, with a
slight inflation of pens.  However, if I took only a few of the crops,
there would be the imminent threat of any of the other BoA members
performing the same scam.  There might well then have been a true run
on the bank, where everyone withdrew as many crops as possible before
such a thing could happen, and then we'd be in a much worse situation,
because we'd pretty much be forced to start from scratch.

>> The fact that the AFO won't
>> agree to any proposed changes to the Bank isn't exactly helping
>> matters either.

I thought the main effort was to create the RBoA, not to make changes
to the Bank itself.  If I don't consent to something (that any of the
other AFO members could have consented to, by the way), it's probably
just because I haven't been paying attention.

> Especially since the proposed changed to the Bank of Agora would have
> closed the loophole that allowed you to scam it long before the scam
> ever took place.

Oh!  Well, that makes more sense  I had never heard of such changes.
Which are you referring to, specifically?