I argue that ALREADY TRIED and its Rule 101 buddy are not appropriate,
as failing to comply with the contract up until the first case was
called is not the same as failing to comply after the first case was
called. If I'm required to perform some action as soon as possible and
I fail to do it within 8 days, a sentence such as APOLOGY may be
appropriate, but this doesn't mean that that same sentence is all that
failing to perform the action will ever warrant, and that serving this
sentence absolves me of my responsibility; if another year passes and
I still haven't performed the action, a much more severe penalty is
warranted.

In other words, continued breach of the rules requires continued
punishment, just as repeated breach of the rules requires repeated
punishment. Robbing the bank today is not the same crime as robbing it
yesterday.

--Ivan Hope CXXVII