On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think the equation still wouldn't go into effect until a week after
> the scam AFFIRM, which is enough time to block via proposal if the
> anti-scamsters (including Promotor and Assessor) are quick about it;

Assuming (as I said before) that nobody knows this is actually a scam,
rather than some judge publishing a dumb judgement he knows will get
appealed, until moments before the AFFIRM, the voting period of a
proposal could not possibly end before the equation takes effect.  The
equation could also restrict the people who can act on behalf of the
contract's parties to the scamsters, minus the scamster who is a
party, so that nobody can argue it's an inequitable judgement because
it treats one party (the scamster) better than the rest.

The main thing blocking this would be everyone leaving the original
contract.  But these CFJs, if ruled true, set a dangerous slippery
slope for how broadly equations can apply, and what if, for one thing,
they weren't allowed to leave it so quickly? (e.g. Vote Market where
many parties are < 50 VP)

Mass EXILE would also be effective.  to be honest, I think that's a
bug.  But here we get into the "social game".  Exiling everyone would
piss a lot of people off and would be considered highly improper.
Some more subtle maneuvering allowed by being able to make arbitrary
contracts between arbitrary people might not be.

And I still argue that "sometimes you just want to play Werewolf" is
not in the Agoran spirit.