> ==============================  CFJ 2040  ==============================
>
>    If a partnership is party to another contract, individual
>    members of the contract may be required, by an equity settlement
>    involving the second contract, to be parties to the settlement,
>    even if the  partnership agreement does not explicitly allow
>    this.

For this CFJ I judge TRUE.  Because obligations devolve onto a
partnership's members, those obligations include becoming a party to
an equity settlement.

> ==============================  CFJ 2041  ==============================
>
>    If a partnership incurs contract obligations from another
>    contract while a particular member is a member, and that member
>    departs the  partnership, the member in question may be required
>    by an equity settlement involving the second contract to be a
>    party to the  settlement,  even if the partnership agreement
>    does not explicitly  allow this.

This CFJ I find to be TRUE, but only in cases in which the equity case
is about an obligation that was incurred while the former member in
question was still a member of the partnership.  As the partnership
still exists, it is still able to incur obligations.
Furthermore when the partnership is required to become party to a
settlement not all of the players that incurred the obligation have
become part of the settlement.  As a result, a former
member is unable to escape their obligation by leaving the partnership
and may be required to become party to the settlement.

> ==============================  CFJ 2042  ==============================
>
>    If a partnership dissolves after having incurred obligations
>    from  another contract, the former members may be required by an
>    equity settlement involving the second contract to be a parties
>    to the  settlement.

The obligation has been devolved onto its members or
it wouldn't be a partnership.  As this is the case, as long as the
former members still exist as players, they themselves have incurred
these obligations.  Whether or not the partnership still exists, those
former members who are still players are still under the obligation.

I find this CFJ to be  TRUE.

I also note that this is a very similar situation to when a player
deregisters while still under obligation.  By this judgement said
player is still obliged to fulfil their obligation, but they
potentially have limited means to do so as a non player.  The main
difference here is that though the Player of the partnerhsip no longer
exists, the essence of the partnership still exists (that is its
basis, or feet if Murphy's latest proposal passes).