Sgeo wrote:

> AI=1.7
> "Impeachment"
> {
> In rule 1504, between the paragraphs describing the sentences of FINE
> and CHOKEY, add the following paragraph
> {{
> * IMPEACH from an elected office, appropriate if the rule breach is
> related to an abuse of an elected office, or failure to perform
> duties, or other things related to an elected office that the
> defendant holds. 1 Week after this sentence is assigned, if the
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"when this sentence goes into effect"

> defendant still holds the relevant office, e is immediately removed
> from that office, and the IADoP SHALL, as soon as possible, nominate a
> different player to hold the office in question.
> }}
> }

I had a proto a while back to require the IADoP to nominate someone for
vacant offices (as well as quarterly for non-perpetual offices); I
didn't propose it in the latest round because one of the other proposals
(I think MANDATE) was already messing with that clause.

Also, you might want to strengthen this to "the defendant CANNOT be
nominated for the relevant office while the sentence is in effect or
being appealed" (allowing the judge to select the duration of the
sentence, similar to CHOKEY and EXILE).