On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Charles Reiss wrote:
>> People will need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you did not
>> believe the action would be successful if you don't include a
>> disclaimer. I don't think that's chilling really.
>
> Even given the ridiculous level of criminal cases brought forward
> for even semi-scam attempts?  It's just not fun to Try Anymore.  -G.

If you think that that standard is too chilling I'd suggest looking
for something in between (believe that the action is successful under
a plausible interpretation of the rules?) because I don't think it
make sense to permit people to try to get actions past us long enough
to get into a ratified report when they know the action has no
legitimate way of working.

And, well, if it is so that attempted actions that definitely are
unsuccessful and believed to be unsuccessful are entirely permitted,
the parties to the left hand probably have a great scam for you.

-woggle