Goethe wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Ed Murphy wrote:
>>        c) Any disclaimer, conditional clause, or other qualifier
>>           attached to a statement constitutes part of the statement;
>>           the truth or falsity of the whole is what is significant.
>
> The preamble addition isn't a bad idea, that's ok.  Just thought of
> something though.  If limited disclaimers (Zefram's example: "These
> attempted actions may fail.") then a scammer would use the disclaimers
> whenever things were questionable, so who would really be caught out
> by this?  -Goethe

I don't think this is meant to block interesting scams, but rather
boring scams of "lie in a non-obvious fashion and hope it gets
incorporated into a self-ratifying report".  (Compare:  the board
game Illuminati has an optional rule to generally allow cheating if
you can get away with it until your next turn, but specifically
excludes taking the wrong amount of money from the bank.)