Announcements are both statements in their own rights and (sometimes) actions.

In the past, we've accepted "I do X" as an action, but we've also accepted
"I hereby announce that I do X" as an action.  Both, by Agoran Custom, do
the Same Thing.

The latter statement, conveniently enough, is true regardless of whether
or not the action succeeds.

If accepting the truth/falseness of actions based on their success/failure
leads to different consequences for what appear to be terms of art in
announcement style shows just how absurd taking this position is (or would
be if codified).

-Goethe