On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Charles Reiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But, seriously, it would really be against the oldest of all game
> custom if we couldn't make arbitrary changes to the ruleset somehow.

Not to mention being in direct conflict with the central premise of
The Paradox of Self-Amendment.

Can we modify R101 to only claim to take precedence over rules that
*directly* allow restrictions of rights, and not those that could
indirectly allow such restrictions to happen?  I assume that if
comex's argument holds that simply increasing the power of R1482
wouldn't work, since then arguably R101 takes precedence over R105 in
allowing this increase in power, since it could subsequently be used
to remove rights.