I've been thinking of ideas for a contest I could run (briefly
considered bringing back the game of life, but thought I would try
something new) and one of the ideas I've come up with is a very simple RPG.

The basic idea is that contestants (Player Characters) get to explore a
dungeon, fight monsters for gold and experience, find items such as
weapons and armor, and ultimately score points by trading in gold.

I've begun working on a contract for this idea. So far I've hammered out
many of the basic concepts. I initially considered putting in a concept
of a store where players can buy and sell items they no longer need, but
I was having a hard time coming up with an interesting game mechanic for
this, and it occurred to me that allowing for partnerships to join the
contest as non-Player Characters to fill this role would be more
interesting.

I still have a lot more work to do, so I wanted to see if there was any
interest in such a concept before I spend too much time on it. The
current version of the proto-contract isn't formatted properly for
sending via email, so I won't post that just yet, but if there is
interest in this concept, I'd be happy to format the proto-contract to
send it out either publicly or privately for discussion.

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

PGP public key available from http://pgp.mit.edu/
PGP Key ID: 0x14B456ED