Goethe wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Ed Murphy wrote:
>> Proposal:  Pragmatic rights and privileges
>> (AI = 3, II = 3, please)
>>
>> Amend Rule 101 (Agoran Rights and Privileges) to read:
>>
>>      Each person has the right to do the following things; these
>>      rights CANNOT be removed or restricted beyond reasonable effort
>>      by any interpretation of Agoran law or contract:
>>
>>        1) Perform unregulated actions.
>
> I think saying we CANNOT restrict performing unregulated actions
> strengthens the ISID problem for unregulated actions.

How about defining "enabled rights" (e.g. deregistration, judicial
action):

      If no other method of exercising an enabled right exists,
      then a person CAN exercise it by informing the players
      generally that e does so.

and/or "natural rights" (e.g. performing unregulated actions):

      This rule does not grant the ability to exercise a natural
      right that would not be POSSIBLE even if no Agoran law or
      contract attempted to restrict it; such ability must be
      granted by another Agoran law or contract, or else must
      exist independently of the rules.

Similarly for privileges, I suppose.