On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 13:29 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:14 PM, ais523 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 15:11 -0400, Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> >> This message serves to resolve the Agoran Decision to choose
> >> the holder of the Mad Scientist office.
> > How? You aren't its vote collector. (Nobody is, according to rule 2154.)
>
> Where does it say that?  Per R208, the vote collector defaults to the
> initiator of the decision, which was the IADoP.

Ah, OK. Another possible problem: R107 says:
{{{
      An Agoran decision is initiated when a person authorized to
      initiate it publishes a valid notice which sets forth the intent
      to initiate the decision.
}}}

The message that purported to initiate the decision said:
Wooble wrote:
> This message serves to initiate the Agoran Decision to choose the
> holder of the Mad Scientist office. The vote collector is the IADoP,
> and the eligible voters are the active players.
This looks to me very like an attempt to initiate the decision, rather
than intent to initiate the decision (which is what R107 requires).
--
ais523