Taral wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Suggestion:  Estimate the average PBA exchange rate for VP during the
>> relevant time period.  Say it's 8 (the current rate), then BobTHJ spent
>> ^80 worth of VP to gain ^100, so require BobTHJ to give back about half
>> the difference (i.e. ^5 to each of ehird and Wooble) and keep the rest.
>
> I think this inappropriate. A reversal as per the judgement is quite
> effective, unless the parties can show that some significant
> re-valuation has occurred in the relevant assets.

This approach (both "leave the ^80-worth-of-stuff on each side alone"
and "split the difference on the rest") is based on the general
philosophy (perhaps this should be legislated as a SHOULD) that equity
should generally let scammers keep some of their scammed gains, based
on how clever the scam was.