On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 01:03:02 +0000
"Elliott Hird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2008/11/17 Joshua Boehme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The question is, does the "so" in the second sentence refer to
> > "deregister[ing]" or to "deregister[ing] by announcement?" If the latter,
> > then even deregistrations by means of a Cantus Cygneus trigger a thirty day
> > window.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Elysion
> >

> Arguments: Again, strong precedence.
>
> If we ignore precedence we have to evaluate this based on wherever the
> gamestate got stuck and we're actually playing now... years in the
> past...

I only see two instances in the Registrar's report of a player deregistering in
a Writ of FAGE and reregistering again within 30 days. The first was Kelly in
1995. Was the language in question even a part of 869 that early?

The second instance is BobTHJ in January 2008. Digging through the archives, it
looks like it generated some discussion, but I don't see a CFJ on it. Thus, we
cannot conclusively say that BobTHJ's registration was permitted -- it could
have been against the rules but merely went unchallenged.

I also dispute that just two examples constitute a strong precedent,
particularly when one is more than a decade old.

Regardless, the Registrar's report has since been ratified, so I don't think it
would generate any more redetermination than we're already facing with the scam
attempt.

--

Elysion