On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 11:16 -0500, comex wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> >            a) "X is/are Y"
> >            b) "Y is/are known as X"
>
> "Any biological organism that is generally capable ... is a person"
> might fall under this.  Probably doesn't, but there are other
> situations where phrasing clearly not intended to be a definition
> would count as such under this rule.  e.g. "A registered partnership
> is a person" in a rule about partnerships.
This breaks a huge number of rules. "[...] for which the question of
veracity is defined as UNDECIDABLE" in rule 2110 is one of the most
obvious, but the word "is" is common enough that nounphrase is
nounphrase is a very common combination to find in all sorts of rules.
"Each color of Ribbon is defined as a currency" in rule 2199 also seems
wrong, and I suspect there are a lot of other instances.
--
ais523