On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 18:37 -0500, Benjamin Schultz wrote:
> Does there exist a decent Perl to Brainfuck parser / compiler?
> (There probably does, as nobody in their right mind writes their code
> directly in Brainfuck.)
Probably not. I'm working on a C to BF compiler based on gcc, and it's
pretty hard work. As far as I know, the only relatively high level
language that has a compiler to BF is a specially modified version of
BASIC, and it doesn't produce especially good code.

You'd be surprised how many programs are written directly in BF, it
isn't as hard as many other esolangs once you get used to it. Probably
most common for big programs is BF directly, but with some sort of
preprocessor.

--
ais523