On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, comex wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>> Is it that clear cut that the particular win rule works in the instant
>> only?  I generally find "When a rule comes to..." to be pretty close to
>> "When it has come to pass that..." which lasts as long as the text is in
>> the rules.  Wrong about that am I?
>
> Well, if that were the case then dictators would continuously satisfy
> the Winning Condition, thus winning the game an infinite number of
> times.

Ah I see, I've been playing this game too long and never took a close
look at the current win implementation.  In the pre-2006 version, win
conditions were continuous (e.g. "the property of having X points") and
you had time to clear losing conditions once you held win conditions.
Then you made a win announcement which pragmatically translated holding
a current win condition (and no losing conditions) into an actual win,
removing/resetting the win condition at the same time.

-Goethe