coppro wrote:

> As it stands, Win by Renaissance is kind of broken. Of the twelve types
> of Ribbons currently in existence, White can only be acquired twice (and
> then only if you have been playing continuously since you started),
> Magenta can only be acquired once a year, and Ultraviolet can be
> acquired only once. The rest are of varying difficulties, ranging from
> the simple (simply issue a Cantus Cygneus to get Violet, or sit around
> and judge a case to get Blue) to the tough (Yellow). As far as I can
> tell, no one has won by Renaissance in the year of its existence.

White can be acquired by mentoring a new player, which can theoretically
happen more than once.

> The first step is the reduce the bar. Perhaps it's just a bug in the
> wording of R2199 that causes every type of Ribbon to be required. In any
> case, I think it would be better to not require a player to Possess
> every single type of Ribbon. This is reflected in my proposal.

It's intentional, and proposals to lower the bar have been shot down
once or twice before.  Which doesn't mean you shouldn't try again.

> All players owning 8 or more Ribbons of different colors satisfy the
> Winning Condition of Renaissance. [NB. This proposal has sufficient
> power to cause a player to win by this condition regardless of its
> actual definition]
>
> Each player owning 8 or more Ribbons CAN and SHALL destroy 8 Ribbons of
> different colors in their possession. They may only do this once. They
> cannot satisfy the Winning Condition of Renaissance until they do so. If
> they do not do so within one week, any player CAN act on their behalf to
> do so.

These clauses contradict one another.  Also, since the second has an
ongoing effect, they should be made into a new rule that allows its
own repeal if it no longer imposes any obligations.

>       (+W) When a player has been continuously registered for six
>            months and has not gained a White Ribbon in that period, e
>            gains a Whire Ribbon.

Typo.