On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 19:52 -0500, Benjamin Caplan wrote:
> The condition has been satisfied. Does that discharge and destroy the
> pledge? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Semi-formally worded pledges
> weird me out because I can't tell what's binding text, what's framing
> context, and what's binding subtext.
Not platonically, but anybody can do it by announcement. (To be precise,
you can destroy a pledge by announcement if it couldn't impose future or
ongoing obligations without being amended; so for instance, if someone
promises to do something once under certain conditions, then does it,
the pledge no longer imposes obligations and can be terminated.)

--
ais523
Notary