On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Benjamin Caplan
<celestialcognit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two competing senses of "stipulate" to choose from: Wooble's,
> by which no rule currently "stipulates" anything, and the crisis-causing
> one, by which lots of proposals probably had no effect and the gamestate
> requires massive recalculation. I submit that R217's "good of the game"
> favors the former.

Under this interpretation, the game has been broken since April 2007:

Rule 1688/4 (Power=3)
Power

      The power of an entity is a non-negative rational number.
      An instrument is an entity with positive power.

      The power of an entity cannot be set or modified except as
      stipulated by the rules.

Y'know, just saying.